General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, and All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well.
1. Which of the following are energy foods?
(A) Carbohydrates and fats
(B) Proteins and fats
(C) Vitamins and minerals
(D) Water and roughage
2. In which mode of nutrition does an organism de-rive its food from the body of another living organism without killing it?
(A) Saprotrophic nutrition
(B) Parasitic nutrition
(C) Holozoic nutrition
(D) Autotrophic nutrition
3. The mode of nutrition found in fungi is?
(A) Parasitic nutrition
(B) Holozoic nutrition
(C) Autotrophic nutrition
(D) Saprotrophic nutrition
4. Roots of the plants absorb water from the soil through the process of?
(D) None of the above
5. The site of photosynthesis in the cells of a leaf is?
6. In amoeba, food is digested in the?
(A) Food vacuole
7. Which of the following events in the mouth cavity will be affected if salivary amylase is lacking in the saliva?
(A) Starch breaking down into sugars
(B) Proteins breaking down into amino acids
(C) Absorption of vitamins
(D) Fats breaking down into fatty acids and glycerol
8. Which region of the alimentary canal absorbs the digested food?
(B) Small intestine
(C) Large intestine
9. The contraction and expansion movement of the walls of the food pipe is called?
(C) Peristaltic movement
10. When a few drops of iodine solution are added to rice water, the solution turns blue-black in color. Does this indicate that rice water contains?
(B) Complex proteins
(D) Simple proteins