General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, and All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well.
1. Which one of the following will not reduce an acidified solution of potassium dichromate (VI)?
2. 25.4g of iodine and 14.2g of chlorine are made to react completely to yield a mixture of ICl and ICl3. Calculate the ratio of moles of ICl and ICl3?
3. Which of the following has been arranged in order of decreasing the average oxidation number of sulfur?
(A) H2S2O7 > Na2S4O6 > Na2S2O3 > S8
(B) SO2+ > SO42- > SO32- > HSO4–
(C) H2SO5 > H2SO3 > SCl2 > H2S
(D) H2SO4 > SO2 > H2S > H2S2O8
4. The decomposition of KClO3 to KCl and O2 on heating is an example of?
(A) Intermolecular redox change
(B) Intramolecular redox change
(C) Disproportionation or auto redox change
(D) None of the above
5. Disproportionation means?
(A) Only oxidation
(B) Only reduction
(C) Both oxidation and reduction of a reactant
(D) Neither reduction nor oxidation
6. The compounds behaving both oxidizing, as well as a reducing agent is?
(D) All of the above
7. A substance that can be oxidized as well as reduced easily is?
(D) Both B and C
8. Equivalent mass of oxidizing agent in the reaction: SO2 + 2H2S → 3S + 2H2O?
9. The oxidation number of iron in Fe3O4 is?
(D) Both A and B
10. Oxidation numbers of chlorine in Cl2O, Cl2, and ClO3– are respectively?
(A) +1, -1, +5
(B) +1, 0, -1
(C) -1, 0, +1
(D) +1, 0, +5