General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, and All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well.
1. Electron was first identified by?
(A) JJ Thomson
(B) Daniel Rutherford
(C) J Kepler
(D) James Chadwick
2. Who is the recipient of the Nobel Prize for the development of wireless telegraphy?
(A) JJ Thomson
(B) Kamerlingh Ones
(C) Samuel Morse
3. Who among the following laid the foundation of nuclear science in the country?
(A) Vikram Sarabhai
(B) Homi J Bhabha
(C) MGK Menon
(D) Raja Ramanan
4. Match the following
|List – I Scientist||List – II Contribution|
|A. SN Bose||1. Theory of numbers|
|B. S Chandrasekhar||2. Elementary particles, statistics|
|C. S Ramanujan||3. Astronomy|
|D. Aryabhata||4. Theory of black hole|
(A) 2, 1, 4, 3
(B) 4, 3, 2, 1
(C) 2, 4, 1, 3
(D) 3, 1, 4, 2
5. In our houses we get 220V AC, what does the value 220 represent?
(A) Constant voltage
(B) Effective voltage
(C) Average voltage
(D) Peak voltage
6. The quality of a sound depends upon the
1. Size of the vibrating body
2. Material of the vibrating body
3. Overtones produced
4. Shape of the vibrating body
Choose the correct option?
(A) 1, 2 and 3
(B) 1, 2, 3 and 4
(C) 1 and 3
(D) 2, 3 and 4
7. Of the following, the one representing a physical change is the?
(A) Rusting of iron
(B) Freezing of water
(C) Burning of coal
(D) Souring of cream
8. If the temperature of a semiconductor raises, its resistivity will?
(C) Remain constant
(D) Reduce to zero
9. Superconductivity results when the matter is?
(A) Heated to very high temperature
(B) Compressed to very high pressure
(C) Subjected to very low pressure
(D) Cooled to very low temperature
10. Consider the following electromagnetic waves
4. Radio waves
What is the correct sequence in the order of their increasing energy?
(A) 4, 3, 1, 2
(B) 1, 3, 2, 4
(C) 4, 2, 1, 3
(D) 1, 4, 3, 2