General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, and All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well.
1. The rate of a chemical reaction tells us about?
(A) The reactants taking part in the reaction
(B) The products formed in the reaction
(C) Ho slow or fast the reaction is taking place
(D) None of the above
2. In the rate equation, when the concentration of reactants is unity then the rate is equal to?
(A) Specific rate constant
(B) Average rate constant
(C) Instantaneous rate constant
(D) All of the above
3. The average rate and instantaneous rate of a reaction are equal?
(A) At the start
(B) At the end
(C) In the middle
(D) When two rates have a time interval equal to zero
4. Which of the following observations is incorrect about the order of a reaction?
(A) Order of a reaction is always a whole number
(B) The stoichiometric coefficient of the reactants does not affect the order
(C) Order of reaction is the sum of power to express the rate of reaction to the concentration terms of the reactants
(D) Order can be only be assessed experimentally
5. The rate constant of zero-order reaction has the unit?
(B) mol L-1 s-1
(C) L-2 mol-2 s-1
(D) L mol-1 s-1
6. In the reaction 2A + B → A2B, if the concentration of A is doubled and that of B is halved, then the rate of the reaction will?
(A) Increase 2 times
(B) Increase 4 times
(C) Decrease 2 times
(D) Remain the same
7. When the rate of the reaction is equal to the rate constant, the order of the reaction is?
(B) First order
(D) Third order
8. A substance ‘A’ decomposes by a first-order reaction starting initially with [A] = 2.00M and after 200 min, [A] becomes 0.15 m. for this reaction t1/2 is?
(A) 50.72 min
(B) 50.49 min
(C) 48.45 min
(D) 46.45 min
9. In the Haber process for the manufacture of ammonia the following catalyst is used?
(A) Platinized asbestos
(B) Iron with molybdenum as a promoter
(C) Copper oxide
10. A catalyst alters, which of the following in a chemical reaction?
(C) Internal energy
(D) Activation energy