General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, and All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well.
1. Which of the following converts energy from the combustion of fuel directly to the electrical energy?
(A) Ni-Cd cell
(C) Fuel cell
(D) Electrolytic cell
2. Which of the following is continuously replaced in a fuel cell?
(C) Both fuel and oxidizer
(D) None of the above
3. Which of the following does not affect the reactions in a fuel cell?
(A) Electrolyte composition
(B) Electrode composition
(C) A combination of fuel and oxidizer
(D) Catalytic effect of the reaction container
4. Chemical energy is converted to___________ energy by a fuel cell?
5. Who invented the fuel cell?
(A) Mathew Maury
(B) Gideon Sundback
(C) Robert Bunsen
(D) William Grove
6. Which of the following is incorrect for fuel cells?
(A) They are modular
(B) They are highly efficient
(C) The noise level is very high
(D) The emission level is much below the permissible level
7. Which of the following is nor a fuel cell?
(A) Hexanone-oxygen cell
(B) Methyl-oxygen-alcohol cell
(C) Hydrogen –oxygen cell
(D) Propane-oxygen cell
8. The reaction occurring at the cathode of the hydrogen-oxygen fuel cell is?
(A) 2H2 + 4OH– → 4H2O + 4e–
(B) 2H2 + O2 → 2H2O (l )
(C) H+ + OH– → H2O
(D) O2 + 2H2O + 4e– → 4OH–
9. The standard emf is ________ for hydrogen-oxygen fuel cells?
(A) 3.96 V
(B) 1.23 V
(C) 0.58 V
(D) 2.54 V
10. Fuel cells were invented in the year?