General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, and All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well.
1. 4M + 8CN– + H2O + O2 → 4[M(CN)2]– + 4OH–, the metal M is?
2. Heating ore with carbon in the absence of air is known as?
3. In the extraction of copper from sulphide ore, the metal is formed by reduction of Cu2O with?
4. The method of zone refining of metals is based upon the principle of?
(A) Greater solubility of the impurity in molten state than in solid
(B) Greater mobility of pure metal than impurity
(C) Higher melting point of impurity than of pure metal
(D) Greater noble characters of solid than that of the impurity
5. Cassiterite is the ore of which metal?
6. In electrorefining of copper some gold is produced as?
(A) Cathode mud
(B) Anode mud
(C) Cathode deposit
(D) Anode deposit
7. In the electrolytic method of obtaining aluminium from purified bauxite, cryolite is added to the charge in order to?
(A) Lower the melting point bauxite
(B) Dissolve bauxite and render it a conductor of electricity
(C) Protect aluminium produced from oxygen
(D) Minimise the heat loss due to radiation
8. The purest form of iron is?
(A) Cast iron
(B) Pig iron
(C) Wrought iron
9. During the process of electrolytic refining of copper, some metals present as impurity settle as ‘anode mud’. These are?
(A) Pb and Zn
(B) Sn and Ag
(C) Fe and Ni
(D) Ag and Au
10. Extraction of zinc from zinc blende is achieved by?
(A) Electrolytic reduction
(B) Roasting followed by reduction with carbon
(C) Roasting followed by reduction with another metal
(D) Roasting followed by self-reduction