General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, and All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well.
1. A compound having a bond angle 180o is?
2. C6H5CHO is formed when C6H6 is treated with CO and HCI in the presence of anhydrous AICI3. Name of the reaction is?
(A) Friedel crafts reaction
(B) Gattermann Koch reaction
(C) Rosenmund reaction
(D) Stephen reaction
3. Isopropyl iodide is formed after reaction of propene with HI, this is due to?
(A) More stable free radical
(C) More stable carbanion
(D) More stable carbocation
4. Which among the following reagent can be used to distinguish between CH2BrCH=CH2 from CH3CH=CHBr?
(B) Cold KMno4
5. Which one of the following compounds forms salt on reaction with NaNH2?
6. Which one of the following halides can be used in the friedel-crafts reaction?
(A) Isopropyl chloride
7. Choose the process by which liquid hydrocarbons can be converted to gaseous hydrocarbons?
(D) Distillation under reduced pressure
8. The product obtained on heating 2-Bromopentane with potassium ethoxide in ethanol is?
(B) 2-cis- pentene
(C) Trans-2- pentene
(D) 2-ethoxy pentene
9. Identify the given reaction:
CH3 CH2 CH = CH2 H Br/ H2O2 Y C2H5ONa Z?
(B) CH3-( CH2)4-O- CH3
(C) CH3– CH(CH)3-O- CH2 CH3
(D) CH3-( CH2)3-O- CH2 CH3
10. Find the correct order of increasing acidity?
(A) CH = CH > CH2 = CH2 > CH3 – C = CH > CH3 – CH3
(B) CH3 – CH3 > CH2 = CH2 > CH3 – C = CH > CH = CH
(C) CH2 = CH2 > CH3 – CH = CH2 > CH3 – C = CH > CH = CH
(D) CH = CH > CH3 – C = CH > CH2 = CH2 > CH3 – CH3