General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, and All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well.
1. Which of the following principle is used to produce low temperatures?
(B) Joule Kelvin effect
(C) Thermoelectric effect
(D) Adiabatic demagnetization
2. A photoelectric cell converts?
(A) Mechanical energy to electric energy
(B) Heat energy to mechanical energy
(C) Light energy to chemical energy
(D) Light energy to electrical energy
3. Two stones of different masses are dropped simultaneously from the top of a building?
(A) Smaller stone reaches the top of a building
(B) Larger stone reaches the ground earlier
(C) Both the stone reaches the ground at the same time
(D) None of these
4. The device used to change the speed of an electric fan is?
5. Fog is an example of?
(A) Gas dispersed in the gas
(B) Solid dispersed in the gas
(C) Solid dispersed in the gas
(D) Solid dispersed in liquid
6. A concave lens always forms an image which is?
(A) Real and erect
(B) Virtual and erect
(C) Real and inverted
(D) Virtual and inverted
7. The modulus of rigidity is the ratio of?
(A) Longitudinal stress to longitudinal strain
(B) Volume stress to volume strain
(C) Shearing stress to shearing strain
(D) Tensile stress to tensile strain
8. The propagation of sound waves in a gas involves?
(A) Adiabatic compression and rarefaction
(B) Isothermal compression and rarefaction
(C) Isochoric compression and rarefaction
(D) Isobaric compression and rarefaction
9. Heat transfer horizontally within the atmosphere is called?
10. Noise is measured in?