General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, and All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well.
1. Which of the following conformation on n-butane is the most stable?
(D) Skew boat
2. Find the correct order for relative energies of the ethane conformations?
(A) Staggered > skewed < eclipsed
(B) Skewed < staggered < eclipsed
(C) Skewed < eclipsed < staggered
(D) Staggered < eclipsed < skewed
3. Find the alkane (C5H2), which will give only one type of monohalogenated compound?
4. The bond angle between H-C-C bonds in ethane is?
5. Alkanes undergo halogenation. It is an example of?
(A) Nucleophile substitution
(C) Free-radical substitution
(D) Electrophilic substitution
6. Which of the following is the most volatile compound?
(C) 2-methyl butane
(D) 2,2-dimethyl propane
7. Paraffin wax is?
(A) Saturated hydrocarbons
(B) Unsaturated hydrocarbons
8. Find the correct order for the ease of formation of free eadcals?
(A) 1o > 2o > 3o
(B) 3o > 2o > 1o
(C) 2o > 1o > 3o
(D) 2o > 3o > 1o
9. Formation of an alkane from the reduction of an alkyl halide with Zn is known as?
(A) Cannizzaro reaction
(B) Frankland reaction
(C) Kolbe reaction
(D) Wuetz reaction
10. Find the compound with the highest boiling point among the following?