General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, and All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well.
1. The net energy change in a reversible cyclic process is?
(A) 3/2 RT
(C) Always > 0
(D) Always < 0
2. Which of the following is an extensive property?
(C) Mass/ volume ratio
3. Which of the following represents the largest amount of energy?
(A) 1 electron volt
(B) 1 erg
(C) 1 calorie
(D) 1 joule
4. Which of the following is correct for an adiabatic process?
(A) 𐤃E = q
(B) q = 0
(C) q = +w
(D) P𐤃 V = 0
5. The mixing of gases is generally accompanied by?
(A) Decrease in entropy
(B) A decrease in free energy
(C) Change in heat content
(D) Increase in free energy
6. One-liter atmosphere is approximately equal to?
7. The enthalpy change for a given reaction at 298K is – x J/mol. If the reaction occurs spontaneously at 298K the entropy change at that temperature?
(A) Can be negative but larger than x/298
(B) Can be negative but smaller than x/298
(C) Cannot be negative
(D) Cannot be positive
8. The initial energy change of a process does not depend upon?
(A) Amount of substance undergoing the change
(C) Path of the process
(D) Nature of substance undergoing the change
9. Vibrational energy is?
(A) Partial potential and partly kinetic
(B) Only potential
(C) Only kinetic
(D) Neither kinetic nor potential
10. The total entropy change for a system and its surroundings increase if a process is?