General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, and All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well.
1. The number of unpaired electrons in gaseous species of Mn3+, Cr3+ and V3+ respectively are?
(A) 4, 4 and 2
(B) 3, 3 and 2
(C) 4, 3 and 2
(D) 3,3 and 3
2. Gunmetal is an alloy of?
(A) Cu and Al
(B) Cu and Sn
(C) Cu, Zn and Sn
(D) Cu, Zn and Ni
3. Which one of the following elements shows the maximum number of different states in its compounds?
4. When potassium Ferrocyanide is heated with concentrated sulphuric acid, the gas evolved is?
(A) Sulphur dioxide
(C) Carbon monoxide
(D) Carbon dioxide
5. Zinc and mercury do not show variable valency like d-block element because?
(A) They are soft
(B) Their d-shells are complete
(C) They have only two electrons in the outermost subshell
(D) Their d-shells are incomplete
6. Which of the following products are obtained when Na2CO3 is added to a solution of copper sulphate?
(A) Basic copper carbonate, sodium sulphate and CO2
(B) Copper hydroxide, sodium sulphate and CO2
(C) Copper carbonate, sodium sulphate and CO2
(D) Copper carbonate, sodium sulphate
7. The pair that has similar atomic radii is?
(A) Mn and Re
(B) Ti and Hf
(C) Sc and Ni
(D) Mo and W
8. Silver nitrate produces a black stain on the skin due to?
(A) Being a strong agent
(B) Its corrosive action
(C) Formation of complex compound
(D) Its reduction to metallic silver
9. According to IUPAC nomenclature sodium nitroprusside dehydrate is named as?
(A) Sodium pentacyanonitrosylferrate (III)
(B) Sodium nitroferrocyanide
(C) Sodium nitroferricyanide
(D) Sodium pentacyanonitrosylferrate (II)
10. In Fe(CO)5, the Fe—C bond possesses?
(A) Ionic character
(B) Sigma character only
(C) Pi character
(D) Both sigma and pi character
Be the first to comment