General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, and All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well.
1. We always see the same face of the moon because?
(A) It is smaller than the earth
(B) It revolves on its axis in a direction opposite to that of the earth
(C) It takes equal time for revolution around the earth and rotation on its own axis
(D) It rotates at the same speed as the earth around the sun
2. Water pipes in the hilly area often burst on a cold frosty night because?
(A) The material of which piped are made contracts due to cold and so breaks
(B) Water in the pipes freezes and on freezing water expands so pipes break
(C) Frost makes the pipes rusty so the break
(D) None of these
3. A parachute descends slowly whereas a stone dropped from the same height falls rapidly because?
(A) Stone is heavier than a parachute
(B) Special mechanisms are present in parachute
(C) A parachute has a larger surface area and air resistance is more
(D) None of these
4. Which of the following instruments is used to measure humidity?
(A) Kata thermometer
(C) Sling psychomotor
(D) Clinical thermometer
5. The type of mirrors used in the headlamp of cars is?
(A) Parabolic concave
(C) Spherical convex
(D) Cylindrical convex
6. The reason for the swimming pool to appear less deep than the actual depth is?
(B) Light scattering
7. Alternating current into direct current by a?
8. Which of the following is most elastic?
(B) Wet clay
9. When a person walking in bright sunlight enters a dark room he is not able to see clearly for a little while because?
(A) The eye muscles cannot immediately adjust the focal length of the eye lens
(B) The retina retains the bright images for sometimes and becomes momentarily insensitive
(C) The iris is unable to contract the pupil immediately
(D) The iris is unable to dilate the pupil immediately
10. The swing of a spinning cricket ball in the air can be explained on the basis of?
(A) Sudden change in wind direction
(B) Buoyancy of air
(C) Turbulence caused by wind
(D) Bernoulli’s theorem
Be the first to comment