General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, and All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well.
1. Find the correct order of increasing acidity?
(A) CH = CH > CH2 = CH2 > CH3 – C = CH > CH3 – CH3
(B) CH3 = CH3 > CH2 = CH2 > CH3 – C = CH > CH = CH
(C) CH2 = CH2 > CH3 – CH = CH2 > CH3 – C = CH > CH = CH
(D) CH = CH > CH3 – C = CH > CH2 = CH2 > CH3 – CH3
2. Identify Z in the given reaction:
(A) (CH3)2 –CH-O-CH2CH3
(B) CH3-(CH3)2 –O-CH3
3. The product obtained on heating 2- Bromopentane with potassium ethoxide in ethanol is?
(B) 2-cis- pentene
(C) trans-2- pentene
(D) 2-ethoxy pentene
4. Choose the process by which liquid hydrocarbon can be converted to gaseous hydrocarbons?
(D) Distillation under reduced pressure
5. Which one of the following halides can be used in the Friedel-Crafts reaction?
(A) Isopropyl chloride
6. Which one of the following compounds forms salt in reaction with NaNH2?
7. Which among the following reagent can be distinguished betweenCH2BrCH=CH2 from CH2CH=CHBr?
(B) Cold KMnO4
8. Isopropyl iodide is formed after reaction of propene with HI, this is due to?
(A) More stable free radical
(C) More stable carbanion
(D) More stable carbocation
9. C6H5CHO is formed when C6H6 is treated with CO and HCl in the presence of anhydrous AlCl3. Name of the reaction is?
(A) Friedel crafts reaction
(B) Gattermann reaction
(C) Rosenmund reaction
(D) Stephem reaction
10. A compound having a bond angle 180o is?