General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, and All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well.
1. How many unit cells are divided equally in a face-centered cubic lattice?
2. A crystalline solid?
(A) Changes abruptly from solid to liquid when heated
(B) Has no definite melting point
(C) Undergoes deformation of its geometry easily
(D) Has irregular 3-dimensional arrangements
3 In a simple cubic, body-centered cubic and face cubic structure, the ratio of the number of atoms present is respectively?
4. Na and Mg crystallize in crystals of bcc and fcc form respectively and then the amount of Na and Mg atoms present in their respective crystal unit cells is?
(A) 4 and 2
(B) 9 and 14
(C) 14 and 9
(D) 2 and 4
5. Ferrous oxide has a cubic structure and each unit cell edge is 5.0Ao. Assuming the oxide density is 4.0g / cm3, the amount of Fe2+ and O2- ions in each unit cell will then be?
(A) 4 Fe2+ and 4 O2-
(B) 2 Fe2+ and 4 O2-
(C) 4 Fe2+ and 2 O2-
(D) 3 Fe2+ and 3 O2-
6. Each of the following solids shows the Frenkel defect except?
7. Schottky defect in a crystal is observed when?
(A) The ion leaves its normal position and occupies an interstitial location
(B) The unequal number of cation and anions are missing from the lattice
(C) The density of the crystal increases
(D) An equal number of cations and anions are missing from the lattice
8. Copper crystalline in FCC with a unit cell length of 361 pm. What is the radius of a copper atom?
9. The total no of voids in 0.5 mol of a compound forming hexagonal close-packed structure is?
(A) 6.022 x 1023
(B) 3.011 x 1023
(C) 9.033 x 1023
(D) 4.516 x 1023
10. For the orthorhombic system, axial ratios are a ≠ b ≠ c and the axial angles are?
(A) α = β = γ ≠ 90o
(B) α ≠ β ≠ γ ≠ 90o
(C) α = β = γ = 90o
(D) α ≠ β ≠ γ = 90o