General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, and All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well.
1. Which one of the following is not an isotope of hydrogen?
(C) Ortho hydrogen
(D) None of the above
2. Out of the two allotropic forms of dihydrogen, the form with lesser molecular energy is?
(D) All of the same energy
3. Nonstoichiometric hydrides are produced by?
(A) Palladium, vanadium
(B) Manganese, lithium
(C) Nitrogen, fluorine
(D) Carbon, nickel
4. The boiling point of water is exceptionally high because?
(A) There is a covalent bond between H and O
(B) Water molecule is linear
(C) Water molecules associated due to hydrogen bonding
(D) Water molecules are not linear
5. Hydrogen can behave as a metal?
(A) At very high temperature
(B) At very low temperature
(C) At very high pressure
(D) At very low pressure
6. When two ice cubes are passed over each other, they unite to form ice cube. Which of the following forces is responsible to hold them together?
(A) Hydrogen bond formation
(B) Van der Waals forces
(C) Covalent attraction
(D) Ionic interaction
7. Hydrogen will not reduce?
(A) Heated cupric oxide
(B) Heated ferric oxide
(C) Heated stannic oxide
(D) Heated aluminum oxide
8. Which is the truth about different forms of hydrogen?
(A) Ortho hydrogen has the same spins of two nuclei clockwise or anti-clockwise
(B) Para hydrogen has different spins of two nuclei
(C) At absolute zero temperature, there is a 100% para from, and at high temperature, there is 75% ortho form
(D) All are correct
9. The reagent commonly used to determine the hardness of water titrimetric ally is?
(A) Oxalic acid
(B) Sodium thiosulphate
(C) Sodium citrate
(D) Disodium salt of EDTA
10. Metal that does not react with cold water but evolves H2 with steam is?