General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, and All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well.
1. Which of the following serves as an indicator of atmospheric pollution?
(D) Epiphytic lichens
2. In 1984, the Bhopal gas tragedy took place because of methyl isocyanate?
(A) Reacted with ammonia
(B) Reacted with water
(C) Reacted with DDT
(D) Reacted with CO2
3. Negative soil pollution is?
(A) Reduction in soil productivity due to erosion and overuse
(B) Reduction in soil productivity due to addition of pesticides and industrial wastes
(C) Converting fertile land into harden land by dumping ash, sludge and garbage
(D) None of the above
4. Air pollution that occurs in sunlight is?
(A) Reducing smog
(B) Acid rain
(C) Oxidizing smog
5. The layer of atmosphere between 10km to 50km above the sea level is called as?
6. The concentration of dissolved oxygen in cold water can go up to?
(A) 14 ppm
(B) 8 ppm
(C) 10 ppm
(D) 12 ppm
7. The quantity of DDT at each trophic level in the food chain?
(B) Remain the same
8. Formation of London smog takes place in?
(A) Winter during day time
(B) Summer during day time
(C) Summer during morning time
(D) Winter during morning time
9. Brewery and sugar factory waste alter the quality of a water body by increasing?
(D) COD and BOD
10. In a coal-fired power plant electrostatic precipitators are installed to control the emission of?
Be the first to comment