General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, and All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well.
1. Which is the best-suited method for the separation of para and ortho-nitrophenols from 1.1 mixture?
(D) Steam distillation
2. Find the incorrect statement for a nucleophile?
(A) A nucleophile is a Lewis acid
(B) Nucleophile do not seek election
(C) Ammonia is a nucleophile
(D) Nucleophiles attack low electron density sites
3. Which among the following is the most deactivating meta-directing group in aromatic substitution?
4. Ammonia evolved from 0.75 g of the soil sample in the Kjeldahl’s method for nitrogen estimation, neutralizes 10 ml of 1M H2SO4. Find the percentage of nitrogen present in the soil?
5. The correct order of increasing nucleophilicity is?
(A) CI- < Br- < I-
(B) Br- < CI- < I-
(C) I- < Br- < CI-
(D) I- < CI- < Br
6. Homologous series of alkanols have a general formula?
7. Find the compound which undergoes nucleophilic substitution reaction exclusively by an SN1 mechanism?
(A) Benzyl chloride
(C) Ethyl chloride
(D) Isopropyl chloride
8. Which of the following methods is best suited for the separation of a mixture containing naphthalene and benzoic acid?
9. How many structural isomers are possible if one hydrogen in diphenylmethane is replaced by chlorine?
10. Why do we boil the extract with conc. HNO3 in Lassaigne’s test for halogens?
(A) To increase the concentration of NO3- ions
(B) To increase the solubility product of AgCI
(C) It increases the precipitation of AgCI
(D) For the decomposition of Ma2S and NaCN formed