General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, and All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well.
1. Which of the following compound is not aromatic?
2. Which of the following is not a characteristic property of arenes?
(A) Delocalization of 𝞹-electrons
(C) Greater stability
(D) Electrophilic additions
3. Which of the following statements is true for benzene?
(A) Benzene easily undergoes addition due to unsaturation
(B) 𝞹-electrons are delocalized in the benzene ring
(C) Three isomeric forms are formed on monosubstitution of benzene
(D) Two types of C-C bonds are present in benzene
4. Which of the following is the correct representation to relate the two resonating Kekule structures of benzene?
5. The bond length of C-C in benzene is?
(A) 110 pm
(B) 156 pm
(C) 121 pm
(D) 139 pm
6. Which of the following is a characteristic of an aromatic compound?
(C) (4n+2)𝞹 electrons
(D) All of the above
7. Which of the following is incorrect for benzene?
(A) Planar C6 rings
(B) Localised 𝞹 bonding
(C) sp2 hybridized C atoms
(D) It shows reactions characteristics of C=C double bonds
8. Which of the following is incorrect for electrophilic substitution?
(A) –NO2 is deactivating and m-directing
(B) -Cl is activating and o, p-directing
(C) -OH is activating and o, p-directing
(D) -CH3 is activating and o, p-directing
9. The number of delocalized 𝞹 electrons in the benzene rings are?
10. Which of the following is the reactive species in the nitration of benzene?