General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well
1. Which of the following are constituents of brass?
(A) Zinc and iron
(B) Zinc and copper
(C) Iron and copper
(D) None of these
2. Which opposite phase changes occur at the same time temperature for a pure substance?
(A) Boiling and condensation
(B) Evaporation and boiling
(C) Condensation and sublimation
(D) Sublimation and evaporation
3. Which of the following has the largest radius?
4. Which of the following elements has the largest ionization energy?
5. In Bohr’s model of the hydrogen atom, the radius of an orbit?
(A) Increases when a photon of light is emitted from an excited atom
(B) is proportional to n2
(C) is smallest for the highest energy state
(D) None of these
6. What value or values of ml are allowable for an orbital with l = 2?
(D) All of the above
7. Which of the following species is not isolectronic with any of the others?
8. Which of the following statements about periodic properties is incorrect?
(A) Ionization energy increases to the right across a period
(B) Atomic size increases down a group
(C) Electron affinity increases to the right across a period
(D) Both electron affinity and ionization energy decrease down a group
9. When a tube light breaks, a cracking sound is produced because?
(A) The lamp is filled with mercury vapor
(B) The lamp is filled with reactive gases
(C) Pressure inside the lamp is less than atmospheric pressure
(D) Pressure inside the lamp is more than atmospheric pressure
10. Which of the following is not a non-metallic mineral?