General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, and All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well.
1. Optical fibers are based on the phenomenon of?
(D) Total internal reflection
2. Mirage is an example of?
(A) Refraction of light only
(B) Total internal reflection of light only
(C) Refraction and total internal reflection of light
(D) Dispersion of light only
3. The phenomenon of light associated with the appearance of the blue color of the sky is?
4. Lens is made up of?
(A) Pyrex glass
(B) Flint glass
(C) Ordinary glass
(D) Cobalt glass
5. The time period of a pendulum when taken to the moon would?
(A) Remain the same
(C) Become zero
6. The atmospheric air is held to the earth by?
(D) Rotation of the earth
7. The function of ball bearings in a wheel is?
(A) To increase friction
(B) To convert kinetic friction into rolling friction
(C) To convert static friction into kinetic friction
(D) Just for convenience
8. SHOCK ABSORBERS are usually made of steel because?
(A) Is not brittle
(B) Has lower elasticity
(C) Has higher elasticity
(D) Has no ductile property
9. Among the following materials sound travels fastest in?
10. The time period of a second pendulum is?
(A) 1 second
(B) 2 second
(C) 5 second
(D) 15 second