General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, and All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well.
1. Which of the following is not correct?
(A) The rate law is an experimental fact, but the law of mass action is theoretical
(B) The rate law is always different from the expression of the law of mass action
(C) The rate law is more informative than the law of mass action for the development of a mechanism
(D) The order of a reaction is equal to the sun of the powers of the concentration terms in the rate law
2. The temperature coefficient of a reaction is 2. How many times the rate of reaction increase when the temperature is increased from 30o to 60o C?
(A) 4 times
(B) 6 times
(C) 8 times
(D) 16 times
3. If a reaction with t1/2 = 69.3 sec, has a rate constant of 10-2 per sec the order is?
4. K for a zero-order reaction is 2 x 10-2 mole/L/sec. if the concentration of reactant after 25 sec is 0.5M, the initial concentration must have been?
5. A first-order reaction is 75% complete after 32 minutes. When was 50% of the reaction completed?
(A) 16 min
(B) 8 min
(C) 4 min
(D) 32 min
6. What is the half-life of a radioactive substance if 87.5% of any given amount of the substance disintegrates in 40 minutes?
(A) 160 min
(B) 10 min
(C) 20 min
(D) 13 min 20 sec
7. Half-life of 10g of a radioactive substance is 10 days. The half-life of 20 g is?
(A) 10 days
(B) 5 days
(C) 20 days
(D) 40 days
8. The chemical reactions in which reactants need a high amount of activation energy are generally?
(C) Very fast
9. For a reaction A -> Productions the rate of reaction doubles when the concentration of A is increased by 4 times. The order of the reaction is?
10. The number of atoms or molecules whose concentration alters during chemical changes is its?
(B) Order of reaction
(C) Change in reaction