General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, and All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well.
1. Vehicle tires are inflated properly?
(A) To ensure smooth running
(B) To allow the vehicle to take more load
(C) To avoid skidding and to minimize friction
(D) To go fast and save fuel
2. Refrigeration is a process which?
(A) Kills bacteria
(B) Slows down the bacterial growth
(C) Inactivates the bacteria
(D) Plasmolysis the bacteria
3. Mud houses are cooler in summer and warmer in winter as compares to brick houses because?
(A) Mud is a good conductor
(B) Mud is a bad conductor
(C) Mud is a poor insulator
(D) Evaporation of water causes cooling in summers and sunlight coming through holes causes warming in winters
4. After a long period of use a grey spot develops on the inside of a bulb. This is because?
(A) The tungsten filament evaporates and collects there
(B) The heat of the bulb scorches the glass at the top
(C) Dust inside the bulb condenses on the top
(D) Glass undergoes a change due to the heat
5. Should cars have bumpers that collapse under impact?
(A) Yes since the offending car should get damaged and pay for the mistake
(B) No since it would be very expensive to get the car repaired
(C) No since the colliding car would then ram into the occupants and kill them
(D) Yes since they help to absorb the impact of a collision and keep the occupants safe
6. Ice cubes are added to a glass of pure water and a glass of pure alcohol. The ice would be?
(A) At a higher level in the water
(B) At a higher level of alcohol
(C) At the same level in both
(D) Floating in alcohol and sinking in water
7. A person wears spectacles with concave lenses. Does it mean that normally (when not using glasses) the image of distant objects is focused in his eyes?
(A) Behind the retina
(B) In front of the retina
(C) On the retina
(D) On the blind spot
8. What is the principle of a life jacket?
(A) It provides oxygen to a drowning person
(B) It increases the volume of the person to keep him afloat
(C) It decreases the volume of the person to keep him afloat
(D) The person can sit on it like a raft
9. Myopia is the same as?
(D) Long sightedness
10. Sun’s heat reaches us by?