General Science MCQs including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. This help is General Eligibility Test like Entrance Exam, Sainik School, NDA, Army, All India Competitive exam, and All HP Exams. You can also play our weekly quiz and download all quizzes PDF as well.
1. 𝝱-D(+)-Glucose has how many asymmetric carbons?
2. In the process of glycolysis?
(A) Glucose is converted to haem
(B) Glucose is oxidized to pyruvate
(C) Pyruvate is converted to citrate
(D) Glucose is oxidized to glutamate
3. The two hemiacetal isomers of glucose, a-D- glucose and 𝛽-D-glucose are?
4. How many molecules of phenyl hydrazine react with glucose to produce glucosazone?
5. 𝜶-D(+)-Glucopyranose and 𝝱-D(+)-Glucopyranose differ in?
(A) The size of the hemiacetal ring
(B) The number of OH group present
6. Hydrolysis of starch yields?
(D) Both B and C
7. The acetylation of glucose with acetic anhydride yields?
8. Which of the following enzymes converts maltose to glucose?
9. Which of the following enzymes converts glucose to ethanol?
(D) Both A and B
10. 𝛼-D-glucose and 𝛽-D-glucose differ in the configuration of the OH group at which carbon?