In Indian, Indepance Himachal has many princely states and many of the areas of the Himachal in Punjab.
After the Independence Himachal has Class ‘G’ State
- Himachal came into existence on 15th April 1948 as the Chief Commissioner’s Province of H.P by integration of 28 princely states with four Districts Chamba, Mandi, Sirmour, and Mahasu.
- On 26 January 1950 Himachal became a part ‘C’ and First Lt. Governor was appointed.
- In 1952 legislative Assembly was elected and Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar was elected as the first Chief Minister of the state.
- 1 July 1954 Bilaspur are merged as the 5th district of Himachal Pradesh
Union Territory Himachal
- On 1 November 1956 himachal became the Union Territory.
- 1 May 1960 Kinnaur became the 6th District.
- On 1 November 1966 Dr. Y.S.Parmar many hilly areas of Punjab state are merged in Himachal Pradesh On the same day Kullu, lahaul&spiti, Kangra, and Shimla districts were created.
- 18 December 1970, the state of himachal Pradesh act was Passed by Parliament.
- Himachal Pradesh became the 18th state of India on 25 Jan 1971.
- Hamirpur and Una districts were created from Kangra and Shimla and solan districts were created from Mahasu.
- Himachal Pradesh is divided into 12 districts. The state capital is Shimla